Home » Things to Know About the City of Martensville

Things to Know About the City of Martensville

by City of Martensville

May Council Meeting Dates

Regular Council – May 7th
Committee of the Whole – May 14th
Regular Council – May 21st

The Council Meetings are located at Martensville City Hall Council Chambers in Martensville City Hall at 37 Centennial Dr. S.

All Regular Council Meetings and Committee of the Whole Meetings are open to the public. All meetings commence at 5PM. Those wishing to address or do a presentation to Council must be placed on the agenda. To be placed on the agenda please contact the City Clerk’s office at City Hall or visit the website for details.

The full Council and Committee of the Whole Schedule can be obtained at  martensville.ca.

Drinking Water Quality and Compliance – 2018 Notice to Consumers

The Water Security Agency and the Ministry of Environment requires that at least once each year waterworks owners provide notification to consumers of the quality of water produced and supplied as well as information on the performance of the waterworks.
The 2018 Annual Notice to Consumers is available on Martensville.ca under Public Notices. If you have questions about the report or water quality assurance, please contact Martensville City Hall.

Save the Date – City of Martensville Open House

The City of Martensville will be hosting an Open House Event at City Hall on June 11th. Watch for more information and details in the upcoming weeks.

Never Lose a Bill, Save Paper and Avoid Those Late Fees!

The City of Martensville offers a number of services to help you conveniently receive and pay for your utilities or property taxes.

– Apply for e-Billing to receive your monthly utility bills through email.
– Apply for Pre-Authorized Payments, to avoid late payment fees.
– Apply for the Tax Installment Payment Plan for equalized monthly tax payments.

For more information on these services contact or visit us at City Hall or visit Martensville.ca

Landscaping or Working on your Property This Summer? – Things you Should Know

Access to Private Property Through Open Spaces Bylaw
Due to damage to City property and failure to remedy damages; the City has created the Access to Private Property Through Open Spaces Bylaw. The City Traffic Control and Waste Bylaws have also been rewritten to set the provisions to access private property through City land.

Access to Private Property Through Open Spaces Bylaw 2-2016
Permit required
Any person or businesses that will be driving a vehicle or equipment over city open space to access private property are now required to apply for a permit prior to gaining access.
Section 6 (2) No person shall carry on the following activities in an open space area without a permit:
(a) leave or store personal property;
(b) set up a temporary shelter, tarp, canopy or other such device;
(c) drive or arrange for a vehicle or equipment to be driven through an open space area;

Traffic Bylaw – Dumping of Materials
Dumping of material onto city streets is not permitted. Any material must be placed on the owner’s property unless permission is granted by the Director of Infrastructure and Planning or designate. Any person or any business who will be conducting work on or around city streets must setup a safe temporary traffic control zone.

Section 4 (f) Any person or company responsible for construction, construction equipment, or material within the highway/street must setup a safe temporary work traffic control zone. At the request of the Director of Infrastructure and Planning or designate a written work zone traffic control plan may be required prior to approval for installation and setup.

Waste Bylaw 18-2015
Work sites must have a bin/truck on site to dump their waste material into, so as to not leave material scattered around the work site or piled on the road way.
Construction Waste
48. (1) Any owner or contractor carrying out the construction, alteration or demolition of a building, structure or landscaping on any property shall:
(a) place all waste into a waste container or enclosure;

For further information or questions about these bylaws or to see what you need prior to starting a project, please contact City Hall 931-2166

You may also like