As part of an ongoing investigation, Warman RCMP executed a search warrant at a residence in the RM of Corman Park near Dalmeny on the evening of July 28, 2018. They were assisted by Prince Albert Emergency Response Team, North Battleford Police Dog Services, and Dalmeny and Saskatoon Police Services. Two individuals inside the residence at the time were arrested without incident. As a result:
36 year-old Kristen Mitchener and 27 year-old Kendall Misponas, both of the Corman Park area, are charged with:
• Possession of a Schedule III Drug, Section 4(1) Controlled Drugs and Substance Act (CDSA)
• 2 counts each: Possession of a Schedule I Drug, Section 4(1) CDSA
• Possession of firearms without being cardholders of a licence, Section 91(1) Criminal Code (CC)
• Possession of firearms knowing not a card holder, Section 92(1) CC
• Possession of a firearm with the serial number defaced, Section 108(1)(b) CC
Mitchener is also charged with Breach of Undertaking, Section 145(5.1) CC.
Items seized from the residence include:
• 9 long barrel firearms and ammunition
• 3 pellet guns
• Several knives/machetes and a baton
• Quantities of what are believed to be methamphetamine and ecstasy and related drug paraphernalia
Both appeared in Saskatoon Provincial Court this morning.