Vaccine Delivery Changes in Regina
With a continued increase of COVID-19 variants of concern, additional steps are being taken in Regina to offer vaccine to younger age groups to keep immunizations progressing as quickly as possible. This will be accomplished by introducing the Pfizer vaccine into the drive-thru clinic beginning Friday, April 9 for residents aged 53 and 54.
Delay in Moderna Shipment
As noted yesterday (April 7) Saskatchewan Health Authority has been made aware of a further delay impacting our next expected shipment of 19,300 Moderna vaccines. This delay stems from the manufacturer and is outside of SHA control.
Some appointments already booked in primarily rural and Northern clinics will be impacted. The SHA is still assessing the full impact and impacted patients will be notified next week so that they may reschedule their appointments. A further public announcement will also be made in the coming days. In the interim, no action is required from patients.
COVID-19 vaccine booking eligibility changes to 55 years and older, effective 8 a.m., April 9, 2021. Eligible groups include all individuals 55 years of age and older, individuals 50 years of age and older living in the Northern Saskatchewan Administration District, all remaining phase one health care workers, and people with underlying health conditions who are clinically extremely vulnerable through an eligibility letter.
Individuals 55 years of age and older
- Effective 8:00am, April 9, 2021, people meeting this criteria can book their appointment online 24/7 using their health card at www.saskatchewan.ca/covid19-vaccine; or call 1-833-SASKVAX (1-833-727-5829) between the hours of
8 a.m. and 11 p.m.
Individuals 50 to 54 years of age living in the Northern Saskatchewan Administration District
- Booking online is not available for this age group at this time.
- Individuals meeting this criteria are invited to now book their vaccination by calling 1-833-SASKVAX (1-833-727-5829) between the hours of 8 a.m. and 11 p.m.
- A map of this area and the communities within it can be found at: https://www.saskatchewan.ca/business/first-nations-metis-and-northern-community-businesses/economic-development/northern-administration-district
- Individuals 55 years of age and over living in the Northern Saskatchewan Administration District can utilize online booking according to the instructions above.
All Remaining Phase One Health Care Workers
- All remaining phase one health care workers are invited to book their vaccination by calling 1-833-SASKVAX (1-833-727-5829) between the hours of 8 a.m. and 11 p.m.
- Booking online is not available for this category. These individuals require proof of their eligibility in order to book – this will be provided directly to them by their employer.
- A list of positions that qualify within this category are listed on the saskatchewan.ca website.
People with underlying health conditions who are clinically extremely vulnerable
- Conditions in this category are listed on the saskatchewan.ca website. The majority of these individuals have already been identified by their health care team, and will receive a letter of eligibility in the mail. This letter is required in order to book an appointment.
- Booking online is not available for this category unless you are 55 years of age and older and have not yet booked an appointment. Otherwise, please call 1-833-SASKVAX (1-833-727-5829) between the hours of 8 a.m. and 11 p.m.
Targeted vaccinations to select congregate living (group homes, those with intellectual disabilities)
SHA is also in the process of connecting with group homes for persons with intellectual disabilities, shelters, and other congregate living facilities to discuss options for immunization.