Originally, Cupid’s Quest; a partnership between the Prairie Spirit Schools Foundation, Martensville & District Kinette Club and City of Martensville; was scheduled to kick off on Monday, February 8th; however, due to the extreme cold weather conditions, the start date will be postponed until February 12th. Because they were unable to start as scheduled, the event end date will also be extended until February 28th.
If you haven’t already heard about this new winter event, get prepared to put on your winter gear and head out to Kinsmen Park in Martensville to take part in the February fun!
Your mission is to find Cupid’s lost arrows, which can be pink, yellow or red. The pink arrows are activity arrows and will have QR codes and images on them to scan and try yourself. Yellow arrows will focus on learning via the Prairie Spirit Schools Foundation. The red arrows will include information about the local Kinette Club.
In addition to Cupid’s Quest, there will also be a one-day event, “Unlock the Love” taking place February 15th. This Family Day activity will consist of a geocache scavenger hunt taking place from 10am-3pm within Martensville. The goal is to follow map coordinates to locate five letters that will spell out a secret word and the first 150 people who unscramble the word will receive a prize at the final coordinate and all that find the correct word will be entered to win a prize. Want to participate? Here’s how:
1) The City of Martensville, Prairie Spirit Schools Foundation & the Martensville & District Kinettes will share the FIRST coordinate & START location on their Facebook pages & on the Foundation’s website the day before the event! (Additional coordinates/signs will not be ready until 10AM on February 15th).
2) Download a GPS Coordinate App on your phone OR visit www.gps-coordinates.org. The GPS Coordinates finder is a tool used to find the latitude and longitude and it will provide you with the address location! Enter the first set of numbers into the Latitude & enter the second set of numbers into the Longitude; be sure to keep the ‘-’ symbol before the Longitude number! And click “Get Address”. The address will appear as well as will be shown on the map – this is the location to head to where you will find a letter and your next coordinate!
3) When you reach each location there will be a sign with a new coordinate and a new letter.
4) Continue until you reach the last coordinate and last letter – this is the END station. When you arrive here and ‘unlock’ the correct word you will have the opportunity to enter a random prize draw.
5) BONUS! If you are one of the first 150 participants to ‘unlock’ & share the correct word at the END station you will receive a free item courtesy of the Foundation and generously donated by Save-On-Foods (Brighton, Cumberland, Kensington).