Home » City of Martensville Weekly Update – May 17

City of Martensville Weekly Update – May 17

by City of Martensville

Loraas Organics – Green Bin Program

Sign up today for the Organics Composting Program (Green Bin). The service is by subscription only and is $10 a month for the green bin service. The fee is added to your utility bill.

Composting Guidelines: Accepting Plant waste, fruits, vegetables, coffee grounds, filters, tea bags and egg shells; No Liquids of any kind; Do not separate or bag individual items; No Proteins.

Program will begin May 1st and end October 1st. Watch www.martensville.ca for the pick-up schedule, to sign up and for more information about the program.

Landscaping or Working on Your Property This Summer? – Things You Should Know

Access to Private Property Through Open Spaces Bylaw

Due to damage to City property and failure to remedy damages; the City has created the Access to Private Property Through Open Spaces Bylaw. The City Traffic Control and Waste Bylaws have also been rewritten to set the provisions to access private property through City land.

Access to Private Property Through Open Spaces Bylaw 2-2016

Permit Required
Any person or businesses that will be driving a vehicle or equipment over city open space to access private property are now required to apply for a permit prior to gaining access.

Section 6 (2) No person shall carry on the following activities in an open space area without a permit:
(a) leave or store personal property;
(b) set up a temporary shelter, tarp, canopy or other such device;
(c) drive or arrange for a vehicle or equipment to be driven through an open space area;

Traffic Bylaw – Dumping of Materials

Dumping of material onto city streets is not permitted, any material must be placed on the owner’s property unless permission is granted by the Director of Infrastructure and Planning or designate. Any person or any business who will be conducting work on or around city streets must setup a safe temporary traffic control zone.

Section 4 (f) Any person or company responsible for construction, construction equipment, or material within the highway/street must setup a safe temporary work traffic control zone. At the request of the Director of Infrastructure and Planning or designate a written work zone traffic control plan may be required prior to approval for installation and setup.

Waste Bylaw 18-2015

Work sites must have a bin/truck on site to dump their waste material into, to not leave material scattered around the work site or piled on the road way.

Construction Waste
48. (1) Any owner or contractor carrying out the construction, alteration or demolition of a building, structure or landscaping on any property shall:
(a) place all waste into a waste container or enclosure;

For further information or questions about these bylaws or to see what you need prior to starting a project, please contact City Hall 931-2166.

Let’s Clean-up After Our Pets!

Pet owners are reminded that it is an offense to not pick-up and properly dispose of defecation from your pet when using public pathways and parks. Refuse bags and garbage cans have been placed along pathways and parks for your convenience.
Failure to pick up after your pet can result in fines up to $300.

More information about the Animal Control Bylaw can be found on Martensville.ca.

Recycling/ Blue Bin Program Update

Plastic film will be removed as an acceptable material in residential recycling bins effective immediately. Plastic film includes grocery bags, sandwich bags, cling wrap and similar items that can be ‘stretched’. These items are also usually marked HDPE (2) or LDPE (4).

Please consider using reusable shopping bags to help our landfills and environment.

Visit Loraas.ca for additional information on this change of acceptable materials for the Recycle Program.

Switch to Ebilling Through Martensville.ca

You can now access your City of Martensville property and utility information online. You can also sign up to receive your utility bills by email and save paper!

Accessing your Resident Accounts Information on Martensville.ca?

Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
1. For Taxes-Your 2018 City of Martensville Property Tax Notice with Access Code
2. For Utilities- Your most recent City of Martensville Utility Statement with Access Code

When you’re ready, go to www.martensville.ca to get started today! Then halfway down the page click on ‘My Account’ icon.

Choose “Link & Register” and then “Show Me How” to start the process of registering for your account. Follow the onscreen instructions and prompts to add your accounts.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact City Hall at 306-931-2166 or info@martensville.ca

You may also like