Switch to Ebilling Through Martensville.ca
You can now access your City of Martensville property and utility information online. You can also sign up to receive your utility bills by email and save paper!
Accessing your Resident Accounts Information on Martensville.ca? Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
1. For Taxes-Your 2018 City of Martensville Property Tax Notice with Access Code
2. For Utilities- Your most recent City of Martensville Utility Statement with Access Code
When you’re ready, go to www.martensville.ca to get started today! Then halfway down the page click on ‘My Account’ icon.
Choose “Link & Register” and then “Show Me How” to start the process of registering for your account. Follow the onscreen instructions and prompts to add your accounts.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact City Hall at 306-931-2166 or email@example.com
Property Tax Payments
A reminder that 2018 Property Taxes are due July 31, 2018.
Commencing August 1, 2018 penalties will be added to all outstanding accounts at 1% per month. Property taxes can be paid by debit, cheque, cash or online banking. Payments may also be placed in the mail slot at City Hall afterhours or weekends.
We also have the T.I.P.P.S (Tax Installment Payment Plan Service) that can be utilized. See all our payment options on Martensville.ca. Look for the Pay My Bills icon
If payment arrangements need to be made, please contact City Hall.
Loraas Organics – Green Bin Program
Sign up today for the Organics Composting Program (Green Bin). The service is by subscription only and is $10 a month for the green bin service. The fee is added to your utility bill.
– Accepting Plant waste, fruits, vegetables, coffee grounds, filters, tea bags and egg shells
– No Liquids of any kind
– Do not separate or bag individual items
– No Proteins
Program will begin May 8th and end October 31st. Watch Martensville.ca for the pick-up schedule, to sign up and for more information about the program.
Summer Water Conservation Tips
Summer can bring a rise in water consumption and your water bill. Here are some tips to help conserve water during the heat.
• Water your lawn deeply, but not more than once a week. During periods of extended rain, water even less frequently.
• Water new lawns every other day until the grass reaches 5 cm; then water less frequently.
• Set a tuna can in each of your sprinkler zones and time how long it takes to fill it with water. That’s how long you should run your sprinkler once a week if your lawn is dry.
• Use drip irrigation and/or sprinkler systems that are timed to turn on and off automatically. Remember to turn them off if it’s raining.
• Don’t water your lawn during the hottest time of the day. Instead, water early in the morning or in the evening. Don’t water when it’s rainy or windy.
• Check the sprinkler position to make sure you don’t waste water by watering the street, sidewalks or driveway.
• Xeriscape Landscaping – Group plants according to their watering needs. Plant water-saving plants, trees and shrubs. Use mulch to retain moisture in the soil. All of this can save 10-35 litres of water per minute.
• When mowing your lawn, only cut the top 1/3 of the grass and leave clippings behind. They will help the soil retain moisture and provide natural fertilizer.
• Wash your car at the car wash. Washing at home with a hose for ten minutes uses 300 litres of water and sends soap, oil and other chemicals to the river through storm drains. At a car wash, run-off is captured and disposed of properly.
• Use a broom when cleaning your driveway or walkway. Washing with a hose uses almost 200 litres of water.
2018 July Council Meeting Dates
Regular Council- July 17th
The Council Meetings are located at Martensville City Hall Council Chambers in Martensville City Hall at 37 Centennial Dr. S
All Regular Council Meetings and Committee of the Whole Meetings are open to the public. All meetings commence at 5PM. Those wishing to address or do a presentation to Council must be placed on the agenda. To be placed on the agenda please contact the City Clerk’s office at City Hall or visit the website for details.
The full Council and Committee of the Whole Schedule can be obtained at martensville.ca