2018 November Council Meeting Dates
Regular Council Meeting – November 6th
Committee of the Whole – November 13th
Regular Council Meeting – November 20th
The Council Meetings are located at Martensville City Hall Council Chambers in Martensville City Hall at 37 Centennial Dr. S.
All Regular Council Meetings and Committee of the Whole Meetings are open to the public. All meetings commence at 5PM. Those wishing to address or do a presentation to Council must be placed on the agenda. To be placed on the agenda please contact the City Clerk’s office at City Hall or visit the website for details.
The full Council and Committee of the Whole Schedule can be obtained at martensville.ca
LET’S CONTROL OUR PETS!
The City of Martensville would like to remind residents that it is our responsibility to control and clean up after our pets even in off-leash areas such as the dog park.
Here are some important reminders for pet owners as per the Animal Control Bylaw:
• Do not allow your pet to be or become a nuisance by excessive barking, howling, or become threatening to other owners or pets;
• Do not allow your pet to run at large;
• Clean up defecation of your animal from private or public properties, other than the property occupied by the owner;
Visit Martensville.ca to see the complete Animal Control Bylaw or contact the Bylaw Enforcement Officer with questions
Changes to Martensville.ca – Sign up for Subscription Notifications
Have you lost track if its Garbage or Recycle Day? Visit Martensville.ca today and sign up for Subscription Notifications and have service reminders, events, public notices and news sent right to your inbox. Simply look for the megaphone icon on Martensville.ca and follow the prompts.
Information on Coyotes Around Urban Areas
Coyotes have been spotted in areas around Martensville. There are a number of things you can do if you have an encounter with a coyote and discourage them from coming near more populated areas.
• Do not approach, allow coyote to escape by identifying and maintaining escape routes
• Never feed the animals
• Do not turn your back or run
• Act assertive, yell and wave your arms (act big, bad and loud)
• Keep pets away to avoid creating additional stress for the animal
• Ensure household garbage is securely stored in garbage bins, store bird seed, compost and pet food so it cannot be accessed.
• Clean up fallen fruit
• Pick up dog feces and be aware that dog urine may also attract coyotes
• Do not allow your pets to roam freely, and keep dogs on leash
If the coyote is acting unusual (approaching people, limping, staggering or acting confused) do not approach, contact City Hall, or the regional Conservation Office or the RCMP outside regular business hours.
Please Watch for Signage around our Parks and pathways. We will continue to monitor activity going forward.
The 7th Annual Shopping Extravaganza will take place on Saturday, November 24th at the MAP from 10:00am-3:00pm. We are excited to watch this event grow in popularity every year and we expect it to be a hit this year as well! We still have a few spots available for vendors if you want to register. Cost is $55 for an 8×8 ft space. If you are interested in registering for this event, register online or contact the Recreation Office at 306-683-5575 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Never Lose a Bill, Save Paper and Avoid those Late Fees!
The City of Martensville offers a number of services to help you conveniently receive and pay for your utilities or property taxes.
Apply for e-Billing to receive your monthly utility bills through email – Apply for Pre-Authorized Payments, to avoid late payment fees – Apply for the Tax Installment Payment Plan for equalized monthly tax payments. For more information on these services, contact or visit us at City Hall or visit Martensville.ca